Fish comes in different shapes and sizes but still stays true to its proteinaceous nature, and is one of the healthiest foods out there. However, eating too much can increase your chances of developing mercury poisoning. Hence, doctors encourage us to eat at about 12 ounces of seafood; that is 3 servings in a week to reduce whatever adverse effects that may develop.
Mercury poisoning is one of the major concerns associated with eating fish daily, and sadly, it has no cure. Mercury is a liquid compound at room temperature, but when vaporized, makes its way into plants, animals and even humans. Exposure, as well as the build-up of mercury, is highly dangerous and its symptoms include physical tremors, memory loss, muscle weakness, difficulty in breathing and walking, neurological damage, cardiovascular risks, reproductive difficulties, and even death. It can also transfer from mother to child during pregnancy and breastfeeding, causing all sorts of damage to the fetus and newborn; damages which may be permanent but are temporary in adults.